Thursday, September 16, 2010

Arts and Craft Day - Pine Cone Bird Feeder

I've been trying to do more arts and crafts with Madisyn more lately. Today's project was making a pine cone bird feeder with the pine cone she found in front of our house.


We started with tying a string onto the pine cone and then spread on the peanut butter. Madi really liked this part and kept eating the PB.







Then we rolled the pine cone in the bird seed and stuck it in the freezer for a few hours to harden up.

Then end result came out really well. Sometimes I don't realize how big our dogs are. I'm not sure how well this will go over with the birds, but at least the dogs liked it!


2 comments:

The Clawson Club said...

fun project!

i added your blog to my other blog reads. i saw that you are clipping coupons. i have tried but haven't gotten too much into it. what websites do you recommend?

Cristalle said...

I'm a big fan of a few - http://hip2save.com/ is by far my favorite. She has a coupon 101 series and does a Follow me Monday video series. She posts a ton of deals too. I just got a 20 page photo book for free (I paid shipping) from Shutterfly and a 11 x 60 canvas print picture for $6.99.

I also like http://www.totallytarget.com/ because I'm addicted to Target and http://dealseekingmom.com/.

I get sooo excited when I go shopping with my coupon binder. Nathan thinks that I'm a dork, but I've gotten multiple compliments while shopping as to how organized I am. It's more fun than anything.

As for my coupons, I use the binder system, as described on Hip 2 Save. It took a while to set up, but now it's TOTALLY worth it.

Good luck!