Monday, January 17, 2011

New Year’s Resolution update

#1: I have successfully avoided Target and Walmart for a whopping 15 days! Go me. I thought this would be easier to do, but I have found myself wanting to go inside quite a few times. Pretty sad. I’ve heard that if you make something a habit for 21 days, it becomes easier. I have 5 days to do.

#2: Get outside – We went on three runs the week before last, then fizzled. Gotta ramp up on this one.

#3 Get Financially Fit – On track here. Purchasing parts for the car this week (Finally!!!!) and we are still on track to get new phones in the next two months.

#4 No new clothes – I bought my allotted bathing suit, as it was on deep clearance at Title Nine ☺. I have found myself thinking to myself that my clothes are sooo outdated, so we’ll see how this one goes. I may end up giving myself an allotted amount for clothes for the year. It’s only January.

#5 Get rid of crap – SUCCESS here! I’ve cleaned out the kids room like crazy and have gotten ride of about 6 bags of clothes and toys. I’ve also gotten rid of about 23 bags of clothes out of my room. I still have a lot of work to do on the junk/paperwork front, but this is coming along nicely. Now I just have to post all of the stuff I want to sell on ebay…

On a separate note, recently two of our friends have gotten engaged, added to Nathan’s cousin and hopefully (fingers crossed) one more engagement, will make a total of 4 upcoming weddings this year!!! I’m uber excited for a variety of reasons – first I love weddings. Second, I will have motivation to lose weight and third, I will have reason (if I lose weight) to buy some cute dresses to wear to said weddings ☺

1 comment:

Kristen said...

hoping for one more engagement too :)